"GUWAHATI: Senior Congress leader and former Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president Bhupen Borah on Monday said he has submitted his resignation but chose not to make it public earlier, citing political and personal reasons. His remarks come amid growing internal tensions within the Assam Congress over leadership, alliance politics, and ticket distribution.Advertisment “I have resigned, but I did not make it public earlier. I felt this is the right time,” Borah said. He added that the party leadership had asked him to continue but he sought time to think, stating that writing a resignation letter after 32 years in politics was an emotionally difficult decision. Borah said he was in charge of alliance coordination until two days ago but suddenly found himself sidelined. “I submitted my resignation, but the central leadership has not accepted it. I am not someone who can dictate terms to the central leadership,” he said. He said several party colleagues and well-wishers from different districts have reached out to him following his decision and that he would listen to them before taking further steps. Borah also said that if Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma were to visit his residence, it would be an honour for his family, but stressed that in politics, someone has to remain in the opposition. “I did what I did according to my conscience. I built this party with my own hands. I shed blood and took blows for this party. But if dignity is compromised, one has to act,” he said, adding that self-respect should not be compromised. Borah made serious allegations regarding the party"s alliance strategy and ticket distribution process. He claimed that the person who forged the alliance is currently benefiting from it, while the one who broke it has been politically marginalised. He alleged that in the Behali by-election, Jayanta Borah was given the ticket against party norms and that he came to know about the decision only through newspapers despite being the party president at the time. He further alleged that the opposition unity platform was kept in the dark during ticket distribution and that there were complaints about tickets being given in exchange for money. “If the Congress continues like this, it will turn into a suicide bomb,” Borah said. Drawing a comparison with the past, Borah recalled that the Congress had earlier denied Himanta Biswa Sarma the Chief Minister"s post despite signatures from 58 MLAs, while in his case, the party president was removed with signatures from just 20 MLAs. “I do not want to join as a constable in politics and retire as a sub-inspector. I do not want to hijack the Raijor Dal president"s post given to Akhil Gogoi,” he added. Gaurav Gogoi on Congress Election Committee Meeting Meanwhile, Assam Congress president Gaurav Gogoi said the party"s election committee meeting held on Monday saw extensive discussions on all 126 Assembly constituencies and potential candidates. “There was detailed discussion on each seat. When I took charge eight months ago, I was nervous, but today I received encouraging support from senior leaders,” Gogoi said. On the absence of leaders Rakibul Hussain and Bhupen Borah, Gogoi said full attendance is not mandatory at every meeting. “The meeting was held in a healthy and active environment,” he said. Responding to Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma"s allegation that Bhupen Borah was not given due respect in the Congress, Gogoi said respect does not depend on hoardings. “The Chief Minister does not display the photograph of former Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on hoardings despite him being a Union Minister. But we have given due respect to both former party presidents,” he said. Also Read: Borah"s Next Move Unclear, Letter Reveals Deep Rift, Power Struggles and Leadership Crisis in Assam Congress"